Amazing Beer Drinking Man

Amazing Beer Drinking Man

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Tale of Two Beers


The most famous opening line in English literature is Dickens Tale of Two cities,"It was the best of times it was the worst of times". This blog and the reviews are about the best of beer and right now I am going to discuss the worst of beer. In the 52 years of training, practicing and preparing to be the Amazing Beer Drinking Man there are only 2 beers I couldn't finish. Those of you that know So Grafton know the railroad tracks. A friend of mine and I walked those tracks to the Village Dairy where we picked up several bottles of Knickerbocker Natural. Back to the tracks we went to quaff this fine beverage when we realized we didn't have openers. I learned how to open a beer bottle on railroad tracks, car doors and belt buckles have also been used as bottle openers. We tried the beers and it was by far the worst beer ever it just didn't taste right as if it was bottled before it was aged. I never finished that beer in fact we just left them right there on the tracks.
The only other beer I couldn't finish was at Boston Beer Works right across the street from Fenway Park. Now I love Boston Beer Works and have downed many a flavorful pint there. I was there one fall and the waitress recommended their Pumpkin Ale and I hated it. I could not finish that beer. Pumpkin Ales are very popular right now and I might have to try 1 or 2 or 3 as that will be what is on the shelf this fall. So after all the beer I have consumed only 2 beers is not a bad ratio, remember Beer is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment